Sample Blog #2 RIASEC results

The RIASEC test divides jobs up into 6 different categories that are each represented by a letter. Each person gets a 3 letter code based on the top three categories that interest them. My code is SCE which stands for Social, Conventional and Enterprising.

The Social category was definitely the most dominant as many of the jobs that were suggested for me were related to customer service. Some of the jobs suggested were hotel clerks, bank clerks, loan officer, and human resources manager. In all of these jobs you would be helping or providing a service to the customer. All of these jobs involve office work like making phone calls, using the computer, counting money, staying organized and doing paperwork.

Image result for clerk

Librarian was another job that I found interesting. I love to read and think that it would be fun to help people find books or recommend books that they might find interesting. As a librarian, I might also have to teach about research or copyright laws. In addition, I would need to be very organized.

Image result for librarian

Meeting and Event Planners was another job that was suggested that is more enterprising. I had considered becoming a wedding planner for a brief period of time around the time that I got married. Planning my own wedding was so stressful that I decided that that was not a career that I wanted to go into full time. 

Image result for event planner

Comments