Sample Blog #1

Blog #1- Matchmaker and My Skills

In completing the Matchmaker and My Skills Assessment in Career Cruising, I noticed that a lot of the questions that I really liked had to do with helping others. Another common thing that I noticed was technology.

One of the jobs that was suggested for me was Child and Youth Worker. This is not that much different from my current job as a School Counselor. While I prefer to work with students, I am not against working with adults or the elderly. One career that I had not really considered previously that was suggested for me was Superintendent. This would require me to go back to school, which I do not think that I am currently prepared for. In addition, I do not feel that being a Superintendent would allow for much time with students, which is what I really enjoy. Though it is not a good fit now, I would definitely consider it in the future.

Image result for superintendent

Another job that was suggested was Computer Programmer. I really love doing things on the computer and I think that programming would be very interesting. At one of my previous jobs, I set up a website and maintained it by updating the information every week. Though I was able to use a  Google website that did all the programming for you, I liked to use the HTML view to try to understand programming better.

Image result for computer programmer

Proofreader and Medical Transcriptionist were new jobs that I have not ever really considered until they were suggested for me. I like reading and often find that I notice mistakes in articles or books as I am reading. As a proofreader, I would need to look for those mistakes before the article or book was published. I might also make suggestions to an author about other changes they might make to make their writing the best it could be. Medical Transcriptionist type out doctor notes after visits with patients. I think that I would like this job because I enjoy typing and can type fast.
Image result for medical transcriptionist



Comments

Post a Comment